Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Life in the Slow Lane

Well after sitting on the porch in Fairbanks for days, waiting in the smoke,reading 3 books, looking at the green garbage can, and waiting for the babe to be born, [which was going to be 4 more days], I had to get out and see the country that have had already, but more defined. My main goal was to see a grizz or maybe even wrestle one...What I should not have done was buy two books that contain at least 40-50 stories a book of bear maulings and bear killings and bear encounters. We be talkin' bad shit...I couldnt put either book down, but at every camp spot I was on higher and higher alert...I was glad I had a 12 gauge sawed off shotgun with a pistol grip with slugs and 00. I knew that was a good weapon to have, thought a 300 mag was better, but after reading these stories, the 12 ga was the real deal..Thanks to LJ, Junes son in law for the loan of the gun and peace of mind. I would have brought mine up here but Canada has a lot of hoops to jump through...But as I said, reading those books and those stories really make a night long, 2 hrs now with the days getting shorter..lol...buy the way those are real factual stories. Anyway I hung out on what they call the Denali Hwy which is 135 miles of gravel and beyond, some 45 mph and some 5 mph...and views up the a--....Great stuff...I had one morning I woke up and there was frost on the chair and the truck, 75 to 80 in the day...I was at one camp where I was 6 moose the first night and 5 the next day.. one baby, I have them all on video....I was camped on a spot if I was going to be creamated , thats were I would want my ashes....Overlooking the Susitna River...[i just love that name, if i have another girl Im going to name her Susitna, I will call her sit for short] snow cover mountains all around and views beyond the eye. I never saw a grizz, but I did get a lot of time to admire what the man upstairs did in creating this earth...WOW FACTOR scale 10. I was lucky to be where I was at as there are a lot of fires going on in this state and most are suffering from the smoke, I had none where I was at, no wind, 70-80, no clouds...got a few chances to check out our outside shower..[please visualize postive rather than negative] The lower part of the state had clouds and rain and the north had smoke...Ya gotta know where to hang. I did venture into the land of the populated today to see whats the haps on the internet and email....Went though a lot of smoke but went south to get away and ended up in Tok and thats no Joke....lol....Now I will spend a few hrs here then head north to see the little new one and maybe head out the first of next week to Chicken Ak and through Dawson City and up the Dalton hwy past the Artic Circle to Inuvik, Nortwest Territories, one of only 2 roads that go past the circle in North America...Then back down to see how the lawn is doing in Bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment